Space is the most important aspect of any interior design. It is true that not all of us are blessed with a lot of physical space, an interior designer will help you find the perfect balance between your furniture and space.
It is true that most of us feel that small spaces can only give you cramped results. However, the truth is far from it. Interior design firms will help you find the balance you are looking for. Space not simply limited to the physical space that you have but goes beyond to how well your area is managed, the placement of furniture, the ratio of your ceiling and windows and much more.
If you are wondering how you can make your small house or office spacious, then hiring an interior designer would help you out. However, if you feel that hiring an interior design companies is too much for your budget, then here are some interior designs ideas to make the most of your space:
- Make use of furniture efficiently: One of the biggest mistakes that most people make is that they simply fill their spaces with any kind of furniture. If you are low on space, then the best thing to do is make use of furniture that serve two or more purposes. For example, next to your sofa, instead of placing an end table, you can put in an extra chair, which will not only double the space for sitting but will also make use of your space properly. Also, in small spaces, you could also make use of a bench in place of a coffee table which has a hidden storage.
- Make use of the space above your doorways: Making use of the space above doorways is simple and easy. The space between the ceiling and the door can be made use to fix some shelves which would be perfect for storing books, magazines, baskets, and small items.
- Use floor to ceiling bookshelves: One of the best designing ideas that has been around for ages to improve space is to make use of bookshelves that run from your room’s ceiling to the floor. A tall bookshelf gives a larger feeling to your room and makes it look extremely large.
- Add a loft above any place in your house: Small physical spaces do not necessarily mean that there would be no space at all. Adding a loft over your kitchen or in your bedrooms will help you enhance space.
- Make use of awkward spaces: Some spaces in your house may look too awkward and you may not find a shelf for the same. Worry not, in such cases you could either make use of a custom shelf or make a DIY shelf of your own. However, the point here is to add space to your establishment and awkward corners make for the best spaces.
If you know how to make the most of your space, then go ahead, create and apply some of your ideas today!